Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Last Week - Wrap-Up

"Joy to the World" excerpt - only part of the mass choir shown in video selection.....

….busier than a puppy in a room full of rubber balls, last week ….. and just wanted to share the events ….. they were WAY cool.

Started out last Sunday leading worship at my church …… the adrenaline kicked in and I did something that I had not done in 4 or so years. It was an honor to lead our congregation in worship for 2 services in front of a really kickin’ band and a 40 voice choir that nailed their music and made it their own. I felt God was lifted up and the people joined in genuine worship.

Then, on Wednesday night, I find out that Voices of Liberty (sang with them in the mid-80s and recently auditioned to sing the Christmas Candlelight @ Disney with the 8 voice ensemble – didn’t make the final cut) were having a 25th reunion concert on Friday. Apparently, the coordinators did not have my e-mail address – no surprise – e-mail did not exist in the mid-80s. Got my hands on the music and crammed for 2 days to learn it to the point where I could sing it reasonably well in concert. And here’s the kicker …… I had dreamed of being able to sing the lush arrangements of the Christmas music once again …… and I had the opportunity to do several of the numbers …… this time with 90 or so alumni of the group. These singers are the best of the best from around the country and it jazzed me that I had the opportunity to make some of the most wonderful music I’ve ever heard. It was a (partial) dream come true. About 800 showed up for the event. It was an evening of excellence in vocal music and reminiscing with old acquaintances.

7 comments:

Alyson and Ford said...

WOW!!!
(I am sure Ford will be a bit wordier once he see this!!)

Alyson
LID 01/27/06

glo said...

How wonderful. I am thrilled to see this post.

Dannye said...

sounds like you really enjoyed yourself...how cool...can't wait to hear all about it...dessert sounds great (and to think it's still weeks away, hehe)...

Roy and Lori said...

Sounds like you had a wonferful
time! Very happy for you! Have
a great weekend!

Dawn said...

What beautiful and inspirational music!

Esther said...

Music is so fabulous! I'm already listening to my Christmas CDs in the van as I toodle around town ;o)

Alyson and Ford said...

Dude - you continue to amaze!!! That is just awesome. Way cool...I can't wait to hear all about it when we hook up in SA.

fm