Monday, August 20, 2007

Donni Boi Goes Home


Blogdom was in a state of shock ....... local supporters and prayer warriors froze at the news ..... Donni Boi was axed by the talent nazis at the callback ....... yes, the moxy AARP crooner retreated to his Ford Ranger truck and woofed down his ham and cheese sandwich (which he had prepared the night before) after receiving the news that he would NOT be a part of the 8 lead singers at the Disney Candlelight Christmas Processional this year ..... the world gasped a collective "Oy!" at the news.....
Thanks to all who prayed and offered their words of encouragement ...... I did not make the cut at today's callbacks .... the 15 or so guys who made the first set of call backs posessed great sets of pipes for the baritone parts - I had the pleasure of listening to each of them sing before I did my solo and was flattered that the Disney organization had grouped me in the same class as these guys - all of them many years my junior - a disappointment ....but .... well, I don't know what the 'but' is yet ... I'll figure it out when it happens.
The Christmas Candlelight Processional is a GREAT event and is the ONE time of the year that Disney allows a retelling of the true, historically correct story of Christmas. If anyone in blogville has the opportunity to experience this incredible performance at EPCOT, DO IT!!! ...... I'll be there several times this Christmas season. Let's meet up ........
Blessings,
Don
.........and so, we merrily skip down the adoption pathway.......

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you made it farther than Sunjaya!

Dannye said...

you are still number one in our eyes!!

Pat said...

Don,

Sorry you didn't make it this time - but I will always be in awe of the fact that you DID sing with VOL at one time. I will only aspire to singing in such a great group in Heaven. (Trying to decide if I want to sound like Josh Groban or Rod Stewart when I get there).

Thanks for keeping us updated on everything, although that faked-up photo kinda tells me you have Too Much Time on your hands!

Love ya,

Dan and Pat

Esther said...

Disney doesn't know what they are missing! Sorry you didn't make the cut. But hey, you must be really talented to make it that far? WOW!

glo said...

you did good and you know it...so does Disney or they would not have called you back.

Is this age discrimination? :)
I think it may just be His plan that you will be singing for HIs birth someplace else this Christmas.

(((((hugs))))))

Ever try Barbershop...give it a thought if the answer is no. There are some awesome quartets out there and when they get off key it is often the baritone who pulls them down as it is in fact the hardest part and requires the best ear.

Alyson and Ford said...

I'm thinking we form up our own gospel group. Getting together for practice might be a tab bit of a challenge - but then what the heck...

Don and Be said...

Glo,
Re: Barbershop Quartet - you're so right with the baritone being the hardest part - it's actually the 'trash can' part - when the tune is written, the baritone gets whatever notes are left over. Yes, I've thought about doing BQ - it may be a possibility.

Aly & Ford,
I like the idea of a Gospel group - any possibility we can do rehearsals by tele-conferencing?