Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Keeping Your Balance

“Why We Love Kids” is a collection of simple prayers written by children, and includes their unique grammar and spelling. Consider the few selections below. May the simplicity and authenticity of their prayers remind us of the child inside us all.


Dear God . . .

Instead of letting people die and haveing to make new ones, why don’t you just keep the ones you got now? (Jane)

I went to this wedding and they kissed right in church. Is that OK? (Neil)

In bible times did they really talk that fancy? (Jennifer)

I think about you sometimes even when I’m not praying. (Elliott)

Thank you for the baby brother but what I prayed for was a puppy. (Joyce)

I bet it is very hard for you to love all of everybody in the whole world. There are only 4 people in our family and I can never do it. (Nan)

Please put another holiday between Christmas and Easter. There is nothing good in there now. (Ginny)

If you give me genie lamp like Alladin, I will give you anything you want except my money or my chess set. (Raphael)

We read Thos Edison made light. But in Sun. School they said you did it. So I bet he stoled your idea. (Sincerly, Donna)

If you watch in Church on Sunday, I will show you my new Shoes. (Mickey D.)


I think sometimes we take ourselves and life too seriously. “Out of the mouths of babes,” may we have a simpler week!

3 comments:

Jill and Jaap said...

Those are great!

Dannye said...

I love the out of the mouths of babes, the jokes and the stories of parents online!!

Renee said...

I have read your blog from the begining, and I will pray that Joanna will be with you soon. God is in control.

God's Blessing to you..

PS: Thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog. God is Good.