Monday, March 31, 2008

Tootin' My Horn

The Sonday Four, the Southern Gospel group which performed at my dad's memorial service were on the program to open the service this past Sunday. I asked them to drop by the cafe (where Be & I lead the worship) to do a song there for those in attendance. Turned out that the baritone had to leave before being able to do the cafe service, so the other 3 guys said they'd come and do it as a trio. I said that I knew a baritone who could fill in if they had the printed music available. They looked kind of puzzled until I pointed to myself and said "Let's give it a try!" They broke out the chart and I read it pretty much note for note. They all agreed that I should sing it with them for the service. It was a real jazzer to sing Southern Gospel for the first time with a group who had been doing it for many, many years.

1 comment:

Alyson and Ford said...

Wow! You just keep living my dream! That is just way cool Don!! You're the man!!!

peace
fm