Thursday, February 21, 2008

Got A Match?


We have a match with Joanna Mei Yang Qiongxiao !!!

Thank y'all for your prayers and thoughts as our agency went through the process of matching the 23 Special Needs Children with their parents. We are blessed to be among the ones to add a beautiful girl to our family!

We intend to put up another blog which will be closed except to those who have been following "Pregnancy by Adoption". For her protection, pictures of Joanna Mei will be limited to that site. We also need to check with our agency to ensure that it's OK to post her pic before we hear back from the CCAA.

We are beside ourselves with joy as we announce the matching of our daughter, Joanna Mei, to our family. We fell in love with her when we received her photo from our agency last week, (the gal in the pic is not her) and hoped and prayed that she was the child through whom God would reveal Joanna Mei.
We consider the next 3 – 5 months before we travel to China the pregnancy period. The CCAA rarely disputes the matching of child and parents by our agency – but there is always the remote circumstance that things could change – just as in a regular pregnancy.
But, at this time, there is reason to celebrate. Joanna Mei has a condition called syndactyly – her fingers and toes are not totally formed. All other development criteria fall in the normal range, so we will be blessed many times over in our mission to help her achieve her maximum potential.
Her caregivers describe her …. At the age of 3 months she knew how to smile when teased, her eyesight learned how to follow colorful things ……at the age of half a year she began to like sucking her fingers, wanted to suck a soother (pacifier) when going to sleep. She sleeps soundly (praise God!). At age 7-8 months she began to learn crawling and can sit for a moment.
Now, Qiungxiao is more than 9 months old and grows more and more beautiful. She has a pretty face with the shape of a melon seed (a high compliment in China), large black eyes, fair skin. She can sit steadily, walk around in a walker, is gentle and quiet, clings to caregiver and likes to play with peers and new toys. ……
It has been a long and difficult 3 years of paperwork and waiting, but we never lost faith that it would happen in God’s perfect time. Thank you for following our journey and supporting us during our “Pregnancy by Adoption”.

Blessings,
Don & Be

duoloco@cfl.rr.com

http://donandbe1.blogspot.com/

22 comments:

Renee said...

I am crying tear of joy for you. God is Good. I am so happy for you, may God continue to bless your new little family.

jeanette said...

I was thinking of you all day today! Oh Praise God! You know Joanna's face and you know you'll have her in your arms soon. :)
What a blessing! Thank you for sharing this news with us. :)

4D said...

That is just absolutely wonderful!!! I am so, so happy for you. I hope I can carry on with you and your journey.

Keep smilin!

Asher, Esther & Emma's Jie Jie said...

Don & Be,

WE are so excited for your family and cannot wait to meet precious Joanna Mei. You have been waiting for so long! Let's celebrate soon?! We seem to see each other at Panera quite a bit, so maybe we can get together?
Let me know!

Gina said...

Praise to the Lord, who provides all things. Amen!

Paula said...

I sent you an email. I'm so excited for you. Its beyond excited, I'm thrilled.
Praise God.

LaLa said...

Hey..found you through Dannye...huge congrats on your daughter : )

Gail said...

Praise God!!
I need to wipe my tears! I am so very very happy for you both!
It has been a very long wait and finally that wait will soon be over.
I hope you will allow me to continue to follow you on this miraculous journey.
God Bless

Catherine said...

Praise God!! What an exciting day for your family! You're parents!!! I would really like to continue following your journey if that's ok with you.

Congratulations mommy and daddy! This summer you'll be in your daughter's birth country. This year....wahoo!!!

Congrats! Continuing to pray for you and Joanna.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO HHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you both... Can't wait to hear more details... take care

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!! Happy Mother's Day! Happy Father's Day! Yea!! Praise be to God!

Love, Pat and Dan

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Thrilled to hear this wonderful news!!!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you! What an incredible answer to prayer.
Hooray!!!

Kids Special Needs said...

Praise God!!
I"m so thrilled for you all, and it's an honor to be along on your journey.

Bless you all, Esther

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are VERY excited for you!

April said...

I am so thrilled for you. The Lord has blessed and I hope that I can be involved in the new blog. We are waiting on a SN match and I just love that you got yours. Congratulations!

M,R,J1,J2 said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful news! I am very happy for you! I hope the girl in the picture is not your daughter -LOL! Can't wait to hear more details. Let's go to Disney World and get her a cute outfit!
Hugs,
Michaela
LID: 05/24/06

Dawn said...

CONGRATULATIONS DON AND BE!!!! I was checking to see how you were doing and I can't believe that you have found your Joanna Mei!!

I have goosebumps right now and am SOOOOOOOO HAPPY for you!!

Crying great big happy tears for you both ( and your Joanna Mei too!!!!!!!!!!!! )

HUGS
Dawn

Kristy said...

Oh Don and Be I am so happy for you, I have the most giant goose bumps in the world. I hope I am one of those people who can continue to follow your journey. I ahve no doubt in my mind that God has chosen the perfect baby for you, since we all know that Joanna has already been handed the most awesome parents in the world!!

Love and so many blessings, Kristy

glo said...

OK I have tears of joy as I received your email . I am so very happy to read this. All three of you are Blessed 3 times over. Prayers all along the way as I continue to pray for and follow your Journey of Faith. God is good all the time.

Glo

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! In God's perfect timing He is giving you the little girl that you have longed for! Isn't He good all the time!

Paul and Kathy

Jeff and Valerie said...

Oh my... I can't believe I missed it. How happy I am for you!!!! Smiles everywhere!