Thursday, June 07, 2007

Call Me Retired



21 years with US Airways have come to an end .... no more overbooked flights .... weather or maintenance delays .... personnel shortages .... whining/crying/shouting customers ........... life is good. I don't know how I did it that long!

My coworkers gave me a send off complete with "Miss You" cake, cold cuts, veggies, fried chicken and mylar "Happy Retirement" balloon. I will miss them at work. About 10 of us met for a performance of Cirque du Soleil's "La Nouba" later that evening at Disney's West End.

My first 2 days of retirement included work on prepping our privacy fence for painting, attending to some of the needs of my 94 year old dad and first attempts at cooking real meals. Amazingly, they came out rather well. I just may post the recipes as there was much experimentation with great results.

For Friday ...... a monthly brunch with Orlando US Airways retirees and a trip to Mt Dora for a night at the Lakeside Inn and lunch with friends on Saturday.

More time for blogging .......

.......and so we skip merrily on our way to adoption ......

7 comments:

Catherine said...

Congratulations!! You've done your time and now it's time for you! Sounds like you've already started well. Enjoy your weekend away.

PS - Hope you still get US Airways benefits to use for your China flights.

Happy Retirement!!!

4D said...

Happy Retirement! Enjoy the free time.

Keep smilin!

Roy and Lori said...

ENJOY !!! ENJOY !!! ENJOY !!! ENJOY !

Mom 2 six said...

Congrats Don !!
That is great. Think of how much time you will have to be with your little one once she arrives.
Cool-

Alyson and Ford said...

I can't be jealous - you just beat me to the punch is all.

We're both too happy for you and once I pull the plug in September you can count on me beating on your front door to see if you can come out and play... :)

See you tomorrow - major fun to be with you both.

fm

Unknown said...

thats awesome! Hope you are having fun!

Sam said...

Congrats!!! Enjoy your peace and quiet now, because it will get crazy again soon!!!