Monday, May 05, 2008

When It Rains, It Pours .... 2 Adoption Meet-Ups This Past Week +++++ Update

This has been a week of adoption activity for us ........
On Friday, our SW called and advised that we would be receiving our documents for our LOA
(see http://joannamei.blogspot.com/ for more info)
on Monday morning. After signing it, we were instructed to bring it ASAP to UPS
for morning delivery to the agency's home office.
I'm thinking ..... For crying out loud! ...... almost 26 months since LID and all of a sudden ........ ASAP!?!?!?
I was SSOO good ....... Why yes! Whatever it takes! I'll be waiting for the package.
so, it arrives Monday (today) morning, and I do the required dance to get it back to the home office ASAP ....... so, $62.00 later, it's on the way ....... aaarrrggghhhh!
Really though, once I got over my temporary irritation, I must say .....
I'm happy as a puppy in a roomfull of rubber balls that we are this close to bringing our precious Joanna Mei home!!!!!!!
Yeow!
********************************
Let's back up now ........
Last Thursday evening, we were delighted to spend some time with Esther and Guy
of "Kid's Special Needs" and their cool kids. This remarkable couple has survived 2 incomplete Russian adoptions as well as processing of a domestic adoption of sibs. Our wait for Joanna Mei pales in comparison to their experiences on the adoption highway. I would have been tearing my hair out if I was going through their circumstances -
Sorry, Guy. From the looks of the pic below, you've already done that.
We were a captive couple as they related their experiences.
Click on the hyperlink for the recent chapters of their story.
Footnote: After 2 hours of exchanging stories on the adoption journey,
we gathered on the beach the Polynesian Resort @ WDW
(Where they were on vacation)
for the fireworks over the Magic Kingdom. It was a true melding of reality and fantasy

Don, Be, Esther & Guy
(Guy didn't want to be in the picture, so we coaxed him with a corn dog)
*******************************
After church yesterday, a group of prospective adoptive (blogster) parents from Central Florida assembled for lunch and conversation in Orlando.
We were jazzed to meet Amy and Michael and Ginny and Jay .
If you're out there on the blogster adoption highway, you're probably run across Amy & Michael.
They had just disembarked from their Disney cruise vacation and were on their way back to the Atlanta, Ga area. It was a hoot to meet this couple!
It was a hoot to meet Ginny & Jay as well. They are a blended family who adopted Ali recently.
The link on their names will take you to their blog.
We are blessed frequently with the presence of Dannye & Ray in our lives as we have the pleasure of sharing a table at our Florida Waiting Families gathering each month.
LOVE this pic!
Top: Mike & Don
Next Row from Top: Ray, Be, Amy, Ginny & Jay (holding Ali)
Front Row: Dannye (LayDFrog), Ellen (Dannye's mom) & Chase (Jay's son)


Expectant Adoptive Moms: Dannye, Ginny (Phillippines), Amy & Be.


Jay with Ali



"Uncle" Ray with Ali

6 comments:

Unknown said...

you guys rock!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Such a bummer I couldn't make it... I had to work that day and Mike had to go south for work... inventory day stinks... glad you had a great day though... take care...

Roy and Lori said...

Wow ... Looks like you
guys were having such a
wonderful time!

p.s. Have a wonderful week!

Anonymous said...

Hey Don,
Hubby and I were at the Poly on Friday night having Dinner at the Ohauna. Are you familiar with the Waiting families from China group that meets monthly on Monday's in Winter Park.
Melissa

~verna said...

I just gotta say, when they told us to overnight Noah's papers, I though the very same thing!! Hurry up and wait--the story of China adoption. Hey that would be a great blog title BUT I digress. I am jealous of all the folks you have met! Way cool!

M,R,J1,J2 said...

I'm so glad to hear that your paperwork is on it's way. I hope you'll get your TA very soon. It looks like you had a great time!
You guys are so busy(!), but I know we'll meet up soon.
Take care,
Michaela
LID: 05/26/06