Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Whirlwind! - Part 1

Just returned from a weekend trip to the New York/New Jersey area - the purpose of the jaunt was to see our nephew, Sean, in his high school play "Noises Off" (a play within a play - the title refers to the British equivalent of "Quiet on the set", a phrase used by stage & film directors.) We both love live theater & concerts and several times during the show, I had to remind myself that I was watching high school kids, they were doing so well - so well that we went back the 2nd night of the run.
(Click on a pic for a larger view)
Nephew Sean in "Noises Off"

The guys in the cast of "Noises Off" clowning for the camera.

Ready to board the train into NYC on Day 2 of our "Whirlwind".


At the Madison Square Garden Theatre where we saw a performance of Cirque du Soleil's "Wintuck" - compared to the company's other productions, this one was so-so.
Great for the kids.

A view of our schnozes at the Empire State building.

At the semi-famous Angels Fountain @ Rockefeller Center

Be - at the skating rink @ Rockefeller Center.
The Christmas tree was being decorated and was surrounded by scaffolding.

Outside Radio City Music hall where we saw a performance of the Christmas Spectacular featuring The Rockettes.
Pictures of the performance in "Whirlwind - Part 2" in a few days.....

In the courtyard at St Francis Church NYC, a block from Penn Station.
I laid on my back for this shot.
NYC Library


Don hams it in Times Square


A street market just off Times Square

5 comments:

Catherine said...

What a great visit! You sure fit a lot into a short amount of time.

My hat's off to your nephew. I saw 'Noises Off' a few years ago and wondered how anybody would memorize such a play. It's a lot of work and very entertaining. I'm glad you share this love for live theatre with your nephew.

Looking forward to Whirlwind - Part II.

Dannye said...

great pictures to go with your stories...

Paula said...

Love your blog. Read your profile too. I might be in a close tie for "old adoptive mommy". I'm 49 and just adopted a baby girl!
cheers

Esther said...

Wow! What an amazing trip! I'm so glad you guys had fun. We would love to see NY and the fall foliage on the east coast one day ;o)

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Seems like you all had a lot of fun... I have never been to NY but would love to go there.