Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Big 2


Wow! A big 2 days of referrals! Wowie-zowie!
I have to say that I have a rather odd way of expressing the pain I'm in at the news of the small number of placements. I needed a day or 2 after the announcement to process everything before posting (like one of those letters you write, leave in the desk drawer & then decide it's better off left unmailed.) It also allowed me to get over my initial disappointment at the news. Blogging is theraputic for me as we are our own cyber community in the China Adoption Waiting Room.
See my friend Ford's item titled "Smile Though Your Heart Is Breaking" at
Ford says it all.........
Now for my theory - I'm thinking that someone with a log-in date of October 27, 2005 requires further information for document updating prior to placement. The Agency does not clear specific dates until all dossiers for a particular time slot are current. In waiting for the info for the Oct 27 items, case workers could be working on individual referrals into November. OK - say it - "Just because you live in Orlando doesn't mean you live in Fantasyland!" I just figure that we gotta grab at whatever hope there is, real or imaginary, and carry on. When Joanna is with us, it will have been well worth the wait.
Any other theories out there in blogatopia?
.....Please congratulate Brian & Dawn, my blogger buddies from North Carolina, on the referral of their new daughter, Courtney Mei ........ http://www.courtneymei.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

glo said...

Oh My 2 days Geeesh that has to be a real pain in the butt sorta like the previous Easter bunny picture.

As we neared the end of Elias adoption that is when the immigration issues heated in our country. Everyday it was a different hurdle. It became very disheartening to be so close and have any roadblocks at all put in the way. This would be the all time low point my daughter would say if she were on here. However, she isn't and I am so you get to take my word for it. It got rough, we were all so anxious. They more than myself, but I too yearned to know their child was home in their arms where she belonged.

Friends surrounded and held up their spirits as they sprinted to the finish even though at times they were feeling emotionally exhausted. Your day is coming. Your daughter is coming. I sure wish I could give you a target date but of course well...so I will continue to offer my prayers and sprint with you the rest of the way. Hug each other take a deep breath and press on!!!!

Dawn said...

Don and Be,

Thank you so much for your congratulations and well-wishes!! It's still so surreal to look at the photos of our beautiful Courtney Mei! Brian and I are the luckiest people in the world, and that's no joke!!

I can't believe that the CCAA only did 2 days of LIDS this last time around. As hard as it is for the waiting parents, my heart just breaks thinking of the kids left in the orphanages, who are left in a needless limbo... when there are so loving families here waiting for them.

Hopefully the process will speed up! I REALLY can't wait for the day that we will be able to congratulate you on your sweet child's referral!!

~Dawn

Much Ado said...

I think everyone is pretty much in shock about the 2 days only - praying that this was a one off - bring back the days of referring months at a time!