Tuesday, January 30, 2007

North Carolina Whirlwind


















Thanks to my flight benifits with USAirways, I had the opportunity to visit a branch of my family in Winston-Salem, North Carolina last week. After 21 years in an airline job, if there is one thing for which I am thankful, it is the ability to visit family without the financial burden of airfare. My most recent use of my flying benifits included a visit to my brother, Paul, and his family on January 24. For the first time, I met the wives of my nephews Dale & Brian (hope I didn't scare them too much) and my grand niece, Dale & Melody's daughter, Annalise. The poor little gal (7 months old) was teething, so she couldn't help being kind of crabby. Paul & I tried in vain to figure out what was bothering her - teething? (we gave her baby Tylenol), was she hungy? (we fed her - she still cried) she needed attention? (we both tried walking her around the house) until Rhonda came home and discovered that her diaper needed changing. Oy! I have some learning to do! It'll happen, I'm sure. So .... I wanted to share some pics of my whirlwind journey, so they include .......


Paul (my brother) with his 3 bulldogs
>
Paul & Rhonda with Annalise, Dale (Paul's son & Analise's dad), newphew Brian & wife Ashley (expecting in April).
>
Mama Melody with Annalise
>
Annaliese
>
Melody, Annalise & Dale Schafhauser
>
Brian & Ashley Schafhauser (expecting in April)







1 comment:

SARA said...

Ha we have 3 bulldogs too!!!! Love em! Sorry you just missed the cut off for review! Better just miss it in the review room than the matching room!!!!