Monday, April 24, 2006

Visa Info Received from The American Consulate In Guangzhou, China



Today, we received "The Big Brown Envelope" from the American Consulate General in Guangzhou, China. It's no real big deal, but I'm short on postings during this long waiting period, so ANYTHING is something. Essentially, it is confirmation that the Chinese acknowledge that the US government has approved our intention to adopt an orphan overseas. It also contains all of the yaddah related to securing a visa. The Consulate has created a separate department which places a high priority on adoption cases due to the number of orphans (about 6,000 a year) leaving China for the US. So, now we have another small pile of paperwork to be stamped, notarized, signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours. Then WE bring the package with us to China when we are placed with our child. I'll try to keep this blog as interesting as possible, but I'm really pushing it with this posting.........

1 comment:

glo said...

Well I liked the info just fine. I am glad you have your little or is it big "brown envelope". I like to read some of the differences and similarities from country t country. Interesting. I hope the next step goes quickly enough for you.

Hint: While you are waiting...Sleep!!

Sleep becomes a challenging premeium the first few days once you get your child, at least from what I'm hearing. No not lots of crying and fussing, just interest and enthusiasm, lets play etc kinds of excitement that is hard to settle down and get rest.