Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Weather in Central Florida is Breaking!

We have experienced the first hint of fall! The air has a bit of a nip and the breeze is just delightful! Neighbors are coming out of their houses just to enjoy the weather!
This past summer, when we visited China during the adoption procedings of our daughter,
the weather was hot (real hot!), humid and polluted in the cities.
"I should be used to this!" I said to myself as we toured the Forbidden City, climbed The Great Wall and stood atop the solid heat absorbing concrete in Tienemman Square.
After all, I live in Central Florida, the humidity capital of the US - then it dawned on me -
"I don't go outside in this weather when I'm at home!"
And here I was, playing tourist in the equivalent of a steam room!
Anyway, the peasants are rejoicing - fall will be here soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The weathers perfect according to Central Florida Magazine for the next 5 days. Look for the new terminal building at the Winter Haven airport to open soon.

Unknown said...

Fall is here in Atlanta as well! Hope to see you guys soon!

Roy and Lori said...

In the evenings it feels
really good here in South
Carolina.

M,R,J1,J2 said...

I loved the weather we had last week, but I think you spoke to soon :-) Have you been outside today? Puh!
The "food and wine festival" started. Have you been there already?
Hope to see you again soon.
Michaela & Family

Alyson and Ford said...

We are enjoying the cooler breezes too! Yeah!
One thing we did discover is that the mosquitoes like AA more than me or Daddy. Oops, don't forget the DEET!

Alyson
Celebrating 20 days as Mommy to Alyzabeth!!