Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Gospel According to Diva

This pic was taken on our vacation in the Smoky Mountains last summer.
Can you find Be? Click on the pic to enlarge.....

This post was in my "drafts" folder from a few months back and I decided the time was right to use it. It has been expanded upon from it's original text.

I was recovering from 2 broken ribs . During that period, I feel like all I did was age - my mind was numbed from the pain killers causing me to wander in my thoughts - I could not focus - not on prayer, not on reading & not on any movie with the hint of a storyline.This past week, I felt that I could begin to wean myself off the mind bending pills, as the pain had subsided quite a bit - I told the dog that it was time to take a walk together - we have a park in our area with primative, unpaved trails through acres of native Florida plants - as we walked, I noticed that Diva (my dog) would stop & tilt her head as her ears stood up - as the drug induced fog in my mind began to clear, I realized that there was much to be heard in my pristine surroundings - she had heard a native black snake (non-poisonous) rustling through the dry underbrush - it was sunning itself and was apparently startled at our approach - the sounds of the wind through the brush, dried leaves and trees as well as the chirp of cardinals and scrub jays became a part of God's orchestration and the walk took on a whole new character for me. It reminded me of the Gospel of Luke ....... Jesus was being praised by His followers and the Pharisees became indignant that they would do such a thing and called for Jesus to rebuke them. Jesus replied to them saying "I tell you if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." My heart which had been quite silent for the past 6 weeks or so did not wait for the rocks to sound the call to worship and I praised Him for His creation and Who He is .... and to think my dog snapped me out of my pity party.




No comments: