Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Buddah & Shirley MacLain

While doing some research for this adoption, the question was posed......How do you respond when you're out in public and someone says "Oh, did you adopt your child?" I would probably want to respond something like "No. I ran into Shirley MacLain the other day and she told me that I was once a fat Buddah looking Oriental type guy in a past life." It will be difficult to dispense with the sarcasm but as a parent ..... it's my job.
Truly, I believe that any child that God grants us through adoption is our child and we are the real parents.
I came across some definitions which make the point.....
Natural child - any child who is not artificial.
Real parent - any parent who is not artificial.
Our own child - any child who is not someone else's child.
Adopted child - a natural child, with a real parent, who is all my own.

No comments: