Saturday, January 26, 2008

The DivaMobile, Fluffy Book & Appeal to Vote




Don's brother, Paul, gifted us at Christmas with eBay certificates and as we shopped, we came across the dog bike trailer in the pic. We bought it & hitched it up to Be's bike and once Diva gets used to it, she will enjoy the ride much more.

Last Saturday was the day of the trial run and Be found that hauling around an 85 pound pooch (plus the 15 pound trailer) can give one quite a workout. Another beautiful day on the Winter Garden Bike Trail - Don's foot was still healing, so he took off for Downtown Brown's (alas, our favorite soda shop is closing tomorrow) for a rootbeer float and a few more chapters of "Marley & Me". The book was loaned to us by a neighbor who said it was required reading for dog lovers ("You love dogs .... you gotta read this!") It's a real fluffy piece, but should be finished soon in case a book report is also required. I am told get out the hanky for the end.......can't wait.......
..........and now for something completely different
If you are a regular on Pregnancy by Adoption, you'll notice that we stay away from political and religious items for the most part. Both topics can push bottons in people and there's no need to make references to them - OK - let me clarify - I have no problem talking about my faith - it's the religious stuff I avoid.
All that to say ......... the Election Primaries are upon us. Regardless of your political affiliation, get out and vote. In our county, we have the luxury of early voting daily for almost 3 weeks prior to our primary (this Tuesday). Other states have their primaries in February, so if early voting is offered to you, take it. Both of us have already voted - and it took about 5 minutes of our time. So do it folks ....... vote.

5 comments:

Alyson and Ford said...

Diva will be in doggie heaven in her new set of wheels. Love it. I imagine that is quite the workout for be. Lucky Diva getting to ride! Great pic.

I knew you all would do your duty and vote - FANTASTIC!

peace
fm

Dawn said...

I love the new Diva Mobile!! She looks like she's really comfy in it!!! I haven't read Marley and Me yet, but EVERYONE I know tells me that I need to read it.

Paula said...

The Diva mobile is cute, I wonder if you could use it for your little one when she comes?

Gail said...

OH! I LOVE Diva's new wheels!!
85lbs!! Go Be!! Go Diva!
But Diva may need to push over when Johanna is home!
Maybe Daddy can take Diva and you can hitch Johanna to your bike!!

Yes, I will vote.

Gail said...

p.s. so sorry, I spelt Joanna's name wrong.